Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween...HK style

I had no idea how big Halloween was in Hong Kong and am still not quite sure why it's so big here, but it is. Everyone here really really loves this holiday and it's certainly not just for the kids. People here have been talking about events, dressing up, and parties for a couple of months now.

I've never been a big Halloween person before but realized quickly that I'd have to come up with a costume idea. Originally, Scott and I were planning to go as something together, but we're both procrastinators when it comes to Halloween costumes (as anyone who has spent Halloween with us knows). So then he tells me he's already got a costume! His friends went shopping and picked up a Ghost Busters costume for him so he was all set. So I finally went shopping on Friday (the day before Halloween of course) and was left with not many great options - there were the usual suspects: Rainbow Bright, Drag Racer Girl (no idea), Referee, and some type of cat costume. I opted for cat. I really wanted to be a ghost so I could be in the same theme as my Ghost Buster and his buddies, but I wasn't creative enough at that point. So I went as the Ghost Buster's pet cat - if they had one anyway.

So the party started pretty early. We were out and in Central by around 6:30pm. Once we met up with Scott's fellow ghost busters, the paparazzi showed up.



And they were OBSESSED with taking photos with these guys. It was like they were celebrities. It was very strange but really funny at the same time.



Here are some of the other costumes that night....

The jabba wakkies (for all you, America's Best Dance Crew fans)



The crowd in LKF....


The police moving people up the street like cattle. It was literally too packed to stand so they started moving everyone up and past the street. If you weren't at a bar, you weren't sticking around.


Eventually, I found some of my friends walking the street and got them into the bar. Introducing...

The Mario Brothers...


Kitty and her ghost buster....


Cat woman and her man in drag...



Matt, his fiancĂ©e Kim, Ben, and Scott and the rest of the ghost buster troops! This was when they played the ghost buster song at the bar.



Wolverine...


Lady Gaga...



The best Lady Gaga (in my eyes)...


It was a great night with a lot of fun pictures. I won't post them all here but if you want to see the rest of the pictures, go here: Halloween Pics or find me on Facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment